Consortium of Florida Education Foundations
Right now, a Florida student is having a learning experience made better by the work we do.
Our work is about students. It’s about teachers. It’s about connecting them with the resources they need to be successful in the classroom and in life.
Our mission: We connect individuals, organizations and financial resources to build the capacity and impact of local education foundations.
Our network includes an education foundation in nearly each of Florida’s 67 countywide school districts. Collectively, Consortium members serve 98% of the state’s 2.9 million K-12 students.
Our annual revenue is $7.1 million with more than 90% provided to member education foundations for locally driven initiatives. Our operating budget is comprised of corporate and philanthropic grants and contributions (42%), administration of the School District Education Foundation Matching Grant Program (42%) and member dues/fees (16%).
- The Consortium facilitates the nation’s only 1:1 match for business, philanthropic and individual contributions with $6 million appropriated this year.
- We facilitate investments by private-sector partners on a regional, statewide or programmatic basis, ensuring meaningful impact for every dollar.
- $20 from each Support Education tag supports classroom innovation in local communities. Nearly $15 million has been raised since the Consortium introduced the original tag in 1994.
Florida’s education foundations innovate learning, power student and teacher potential and celebrate success through their locally driven initiatives.
If you want to make change in your community –- lasting change for individuals, families and the future of the entire community -- you can start by partnering with your local education foundation.
Connect with us to make a meaningful difference for students in your local community or from coast to coast.
- $83 Million: Amount raised annually by local education foundations to support education initiatives.
- We are uniquely positioned to understand the interests of funders and ensure those dollars are invested in local initiatives that best align with a donor's goals.
- $13.5 Million: Total value in supplies provided for students and classrooms annually.
3720 NW 43rd Street, Suite 101 P.O. Box 358719 Gainesville, Florida 32635
352-338-0250 | educationfoundationsfl.org