Updated 1 decade ago
ST. PETERSBURG — Two national journalism groups have recognized Florida Trend for excellence in reporting, commentary, magazine presentation and overall quality.
On June 24, the Society for Professional Journalists awarded Florida Trend two prestigious "Green Eyeshade" awards — first place for general news reporting for "Medical Makeover" by Mark Howard, Amy Keller, Mike Vogel, Art Levy about trends reshaping healthcare in Florida; and second place for investigative reporting for Amy Keller's piece titled "Whose Standards?" about Florida's role in international adoptions.
The Green Eyeshade Awards are open to journalists in 11 southeastern states.
Florida Trend also received two Gold awards, four Silvers and two Bronze awards from the Alliance of Area Business Publications (AABP). The national contest included 487 entries from 55 publications.
Trend's two Gold awards were for
- Gold / Best Feature Layout ("The War Business"- December 2010)
- Gold / Best Use of Photography / Illustrations (a year-long collection, such as in November's Style and Design issue)
The monthly statewide magazine also won six other awards, including:
- Silver / Best Feature ("Pipe Dreams"- July 2010)
- Silver / Best Cover ("The War Business"- pictured at right, from December 2010)
- Silver / Best Bylined Commentary ("Chillin'"- June 2010)
- Silver / Best Recurring Feature ("Of Counsel"- a year-long collection)
- Bronze / Best Overall Design (Florida Trend magazine, a year-long collection)
- Bronze / Best Daily Email ("The Afternoon Pulse"- issued Monday - Friday)
About Florida Trend
For more than 50 years, Florida Trend has been the source of news and insight on business in Florida. The monthly magazine is read by more than 250,000 executives, civic leaders and government officials. Florida Trend also offers an important web presence ― FloridaTrend.com ― with daily updates on key developments from around the state, drawing 80,000 unique visitors each month.
|Register on FloridaTrend.com|
(It's quick and FREE!)