Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- Florida jobless claims tick up
First-time unemployment claims in Florida increased for a second consecutive week, but the pace remained close to the average this year.
- Olive Garden owner’s sales grow, but fine dining business falls again
Sales at Orlando-based Darden Restaurants grew in the quarter ending Aug. 27, but its fine-dining business continued to weaken compared with last year.
- NASA's Artemis II astronauts suit up and head to the launch pad for the first time
Practice makes perfect, especially for a mission to the moon. At Kennedy Space Center, the four person crew of NASA's Artemis II mission had a first chance to practice what their launch day will feel like.
- Fort Lauderdale sends $1.2 million to phishing scammer, city says
Fort Lauderdale was the victim of a phishing scam that tricked the Accounts Payable department into making a payment of $1.2 million to a scammer pretending to work for a local construction firm.
- More Port Canaveral cruise passengers means higher cost for law enforcement, custodial work
As Port Canaveral commissioners approved a record-setting $187.15 million operating budget for the coming fiscal year, they also approved increases in several large annual contracts, including for law enforcement and custodial services.