Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- Funds for economic development, tourism and more at stake as budget talks continue
With most of the work on the fiscal year 2024-2025 budget taking place behind the scenes, differences remained on numerous issues such as an economic-development fund, law-enforcement recruitment bonuses and water projects.
- Florida Senate panel scales back hotly debated child-labor measure
A controversial proposal to loosen work restrictions for 16- and 17-year-olds is ready to go to the full Senate after changes drew at least some labor-union support.
- Florida's car insurance, 3rd-highest in U.S., expected to rise again
In Florida, the average annual full-coverage rate is $2,917 or $243 a month at the end of 2023, 44% higher than the U.S. average and the third-highest in the nation, after New York and Nevada.
- Federal judge won't remove himself from Florida elections law case
A federal judge Tuesday refused to step down from a case challenging a 2023 Florida elections law, rejecting arguments by the state that suggested he had a “closed mind.”
- Report finds that 86% of rural Florida hospitals no longer deliver babies
Many hospitals are shuttering their units because insurance companies and Medicaid aren't reimbursing hospitals enough to cover the cost of births.