Your guide covering the documents and registrations required by the Florida Division of Corporations.
- Floridians likely to factor inflation into their holiday budget
The Florida Retail Federation expects consumers in the state to spend an average of $875 on gifts, decorations and other items this holiday shopping season.
- Florida escapes ‘Judicial Hellhole’ designation as tort reform measures take effect
Following a series of legal reforms, the American Tort Reform Foundation (ATRF) has removed Florida from its ‘Judicial Hellhole‘ list, a long-held designation reflecting the state’s history of excessive litigation and frivolous lawsuits.
- Hard Rock sports betting app is now available to everyone in Florida
The full launch comes amid two lawsuits filed by a group of betting companies that seek to halt mobile sports betting, one before the Florida Supreme Court and the other before the U.S Supreme Court.
- Publisher's column: The impact of a Floridian
One of the editions I treasure most each year is our annual Floridian of the Year issue, published each December. This year, the choice of Florida Chamber President and CEO Mark Wilson was one that came together quite easily.
- Citizens tries to tamp down concerns
Saying the state’s Citizens Property Insurance Corp. has “never sought a federal bailout, period,” Citizens President and CEO Tim Cerio took issue with a U.S. Senate Budget Committee request for information about the insurer’s finances.